Thursday 12 January 2012

Just a little bit of History repeating.......

Nothing for ages and then 3 in one week , you lucky lucky people,...(both of you that read this)
So what gives, Check the title.
Remember way back in the early days some of you will remember I struggled in proving I could work in this country.
Well Its happened again during the tail end of last year with this new job.
I'm from Australia , I cannot help that, but I know nothing of the place , I was a toddler when I cme to the UK.
I'm 40 now so you would guess If it was going to be a problem It would happen a bit before 24 years into my working life in the UK.
But NO, I am an Illegal immigrant in the eyes of my employer until I can prove otherwise.
I provided it all , My Birth cert, My parents birth cert (English by decent) to anyone in a personnel department worth their salt.
(I WILL BE PUTTING TAGS IN IN CASE ANYONE IN THIS LINE OF WORK WHO HAPPENS TO BE OF THE HARD OF THINKING VARIETY CAN READ THIS AND REALISE HOW STUPID THEY WOULD BE TO DO THIS TO SOMEONE)
Like the Woman on Little Britain I got the Computer says no Response.
I then provided my marriage cert (A bit of a clue as I am marred to an English person and you cant do that without lots of faff if you cannot prove you belong here)
Computer says No
P45
Computer says no
P60.
You will notice that both of the documents will include an Ni Number
Computer says No
I Phoned them up at this stage with me very English and Londonish Accent
Computer says No
I would need to write off to the Home office and pay them for the privilege for providing me with a piece of paper that says I am an Englisher
This took 6 weeks and was just a shade under £100
Computer says no as it is not conclusive proof that I can work in this country.
Now bear in mind This is some 10 weeks into starting a new Job and bills are piling up right left and centre, (and they will let me work but wont pay me)
I started to lose my temper a bit.
Eventually after a couple of exchanges, they relented to give me some of the money I was owed.
Just enough to keep me alive, but fuck up any plans I had to enjoy the Xmas period.
And here is the beautiful bit.
I NEED to get a passport or they will stop paying me, So I have coughed up for one of those too.
I also received a shitty letter telling my I would be unemployed on this first of this month If I didnt supply it by then.
FANfuckingtastic, so I have worked my Bollocks off for a company that will happily throw me out on my arse at the strike of midnight new years eve.
I have been clearing up Tramps Shit and Syringes, whilst having beer cans thrown at me and being sworn at, and all for a bunch of Tossers who don't fully understand Employment law and when it is actually OK to revert to Common sense.
This bunch of bellends think its OK to dock my Money , make me fork out for things to prove what should be bleeding obvious to an imbecile (even though they have docked my Money making forking out for such things very tight. They think its OK to put a shadow over my Xmas Break. Even though I have been a model Employee and an Ambassador for the company.
The update is I still have a job for now, but its really dampened my enthusiasm for this company.
So in short Personnel Fuckwit
It may well be against your sensibilities to deviate from the company line to any degree.
You may have lines you never cross policy wise.
I have always had a policy that I don't work for a shower of Under trained amateur Cunts
On this occasion I'm turning a Blind Eye, I personally think Its time to reciprocate.
Oh and I really hope your next shit is a Pineapple
Love and Kisses
M

No comments:

Post a Comment