Thursday 25 June 2009

How to save jobs and make them too.

Well it don't look like I will be running this country any time soon, but on the other hand I dare say I could make less of a cock up than the lot doing it now.

Say no to Automation
I was In the bank today paying in my Golden Handshake (well more of a size 9 footprint really but I Digress)
I was patiently waiting in a queue of people and asked if i would like to use the super Wizzo Machine.

Being a bit of a Luddite i declined and Proffered an explanation why not when asked.
" I refuse to use anything like taht cos anything that dispenses with the human element will eventually cost someone their job"
Its another reason I dont and YOU shouldnt use self service Tills at the Supermarket checkout.
It costs Jobs ,and jobs that are pretty much at the bottom of the Food chain.

You should refuse point blankly to deal with anybody in a call centre in Pune

If the company is in this country (The UK) why should I struggle to explain my woes with someone on another continent? besides its pennypinching from people who aint struggling right now .............The very people who hardship means having to cancel a round of Golf to go to a meeting on a wednesday.
Its not as if the customer service is going to be all that good either (No offence to the people of Pune but reading badly in your second language, out of a manual, on a premium rate line, is unlikely to help me much)
People can do the job in this country.

Put a temporary ban on overtime
38 hours is enough for anyone, and if you cant get it done in that time....... you need help from someone else.
You may well have aspirations of a New Patio,Bigger House, Nice new Car, but if you are doing 60 hours a week to pay for it you aint gonna have time to enjoy it anyway.
Overtime is not mandatory.
Get over it, Drop the asperations slightly..... get a life, and get someone else in to help you.
It has been proven you are less affective in the workplace after 6 hours or so anyway so the boss is not getting value for your Double time.

How is this going to help world trade and the bigger market? ..........Not sure, not my problem, Im just thinking about the REAL bigger picture ;)

PEOPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment